[meteorite-list] Tata-Foumzgit Martian Fall. (Why no lunar falls? and freshest lunar?)

From: Shawn Alan <photophlow_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2012 12:57:15 -0800 (PST)

MikeG & Listers

MikeG?
you said ?

"I probably should have clarified - the 21st century. So basically the
last
~12 years. It's hard to find a fall (pun intended) in the last
12 years that
is more important (overall) than this Martian. In
terms of scientific value,
Tagish Lake is probably high on the list of
the most important in the 21st
century."

I would have to agree on Tagish Lake its very important and I would say more important then TATA in regards of scientists have no clue which parent body it came from, and the presolar grains it has and the large amount of nanodiamonds found within the meteorite. With the TATA meteorite, this makes about 79 classified meteorite from Mars. In ratio to parent body, thats alot of meteorite from one location in space considered science has no clue where Tagish Lakes parent body is. So in repect to science, TATA is just?another Mars meteorite, another one to add to the growing list of Martianites :)

On the other hand,?ALMAHATA SITTA is by far the most signficate fall in the last 12 years

Shawn Alan
IMCA 1633
eBay Store
http://www.ebay.com/sch/ph0t0phl0w/m.html?

[meteorite-list] Tata-Foumzgit Martian Fall. The most significant fall of
this century?
Galactic Stone & Ironworks meteoritemike
at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 21:23:07 EST 2012