[meteorite-list] Tata-Foumzgit-Tanzrou Martian Fall. (Why no lunar falls? and freshest lunar?)

From: Galactic Stone & Ironworks <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2012 14:35:14 -0500

Hi Martin and List,

So, a rough estimation of the "youngest" lunar would probably be
10,000 years or less, and perhaps a "few thousand" for the absolute
youngest. That is somewhat fresh in geologic terms, but ancient
compared to something that just fell months ago. :)

I am hearing the word "Tanzrou" a lot more often now and I am now
betting this will be the official name for our new Martian friend.
Personally, I like Tata, but that one is not going to happen.
Foumzgit seems rather awkward, although I have gotten used to it.
Tanzrou is going to trump both of them.

Best regards,

MikeG
--
Galactic Stone & Ironworks - Meteorites & Amber (Michael Gilmer)
Website - http://www.galactic-stone.com