[meteorite-list] Advert / Governador Valadares Sells Today - eBay

From: Darryl Pitt <darryl_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 10:50:22 -0500

Hi Everyone,

In approximately eight hours at 3:49p Pacific Standard Time (6:49p EST / 00:49a CET), a slice of the most difficult to obtain nakhlite publicly available, Governador Valadares, will be sold on eBay.

The specimen weighs 0.205 grams and has some fusion crust. The reserve is $500 or approximately $2500/g---an unheard of valuation, and a gesture to our community. While I don't recall the precise amount, there is less than 30 grams of GV circulating in the private sector---and that's all there will be, as the true TKW is less than 100g----the Catalogue of Meteorites entry not withstanding.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Meteorite-Governador-Valadares-GV-Nakhlite-0-205g-/250971335018?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a6f0ea96a#ht_2125wt_129

All the best and good luck!

Darryl