[meteorite-list] Promising sites around Sedona Arizona?

From: Guenther <abe.guenther_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2012 22:52:51 -0500

After a couple of weeks on vacation in beautiful Sedona Arizona I had the
opportunity to spend some time meteorite hunting. I have a total of about 20
hours in hunting here. After nearly accepting defeat on my last day here,
and after finding lots of bullets, shell casings and other garbage, I hope
it's the real thing.

Below are a few snapshots. I found it in a pasture a couple of miles south
of the Village of Oak Creek. My metal detector screeched for it and its
extremely attracted to my magnet. Any comments are welcome. If it's the real
thing, this will be my second find. The first one was just over a year ago
in northern Nevada.

If all goes as planned, I plan to be at the Tucson show so I'll bring it
with me to hopefully get some personal comments.

http://aguenthe.mnsi.net/Sedona1.JPG
http://aguenthe.mnsi.net/Sedona2.JPG
http://aguenthe.mnsi.net/Sedona3.JPG
http://aguenthe.mnsi.net/Sedona4.JPG