[meteorite-list] Sale Ad- Moapa Valley CM1

From: wahlperry at aol.com <wahlperry_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2012 19:58:39 -0500 (EST)

Hi List,

I have just added a few new pictures of my Moapa Valley CM1 main mass
and the remaining slice on my website. For those of you interested
click on the link below. Moapa Valley is an exceedingly rare
Carbonaceous Chondrite making it a world class specimen. It is the only
CM1 found in the United States and second CM1 recovered outside the
Antarctic. Moapa Valley is the only CM1 Carbonaceous Chondrite material
available to the public.

Trades will be considered for the main mass and remaining slice with
Museum?s and Universities.

Only 15 meteorites of this classification have been recovered world
wide.

NWA 4765 was found outside Antarctica by a Nomad in North West Africa,
with a TKW
of 19 grams.

13 of the CM1s were recovered by AMSMET ( Antarctic search for
meteorites ) many of them paired. These meteorites were recovered from
the following locations: Allan Hills, 1 stone 18 grams; Elephant
Moraine, 1 stone 2.5 grams; La Paz Ice fields 5 stones 7.8, 1.99 ,1.8 ,
0.8 ,1.7 total 14.9 grams; Mac Alpine Hills, 1 stone . 36 grams;
Meteorite Hills, 3 stones 40.6, 15.7, 11.5 , total 67.2 grams; Miller
Range, 1 stone 2.4 grams; Scott Glacier, 1 stone 27.6 gram . Total
weight of 132.75 grams. None of the AMSMET meteorites will be
available to the public.

Anyone going to the Tucson show who is interested in seeing the main
mass up close can contact me off list.

Thanks,

Sonny

http://www.nevadameteorites.com/nevadameteorites/Moapa_Valley_Sale_page_1.html