[meteorite-list] For those of you that use PAYPAL I got this email today.

From: Shawn Alan <photophlow_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 14:12:38 -0800 (PST)

Hello Listers

From PayPal

"
At the end of this month, PayPal will send you and the IRS a copy of your Form 1099-K for the 2011 tax year in accordance with Internal Revenue Code Section 6050W. Under the new rule, PayPal is required to report the total payment volume received by any payee that:
?Received more than $20,000 in gross payment volume from sales of goods or services in 2011, AND
?Received more than 200 separate payments in 2011.
If you receive a 2011 Form 1099-K, this means your PayPal account exceeded both thresholds during the 2011 tax year.
What do I need to do?
Please contact a tax professional for direction on how to use Form 1099-K. PayPal is not qualified to give you specific tax guidance. To review a blank copy of Form 1099-K, go to http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1099k.pdf.
Questions?
If you have questions about the information contained on the form, please visit paypal.com/irs.We?ve updated the site with helpful information and FAQs about Form 1099-K and its contents.Learn More.
We appreciate your business and look forward to a continued partnership.
PayPal
?
So for all of you that use paypal for meteorite trading or selling or both to send funds back a forth paypal will be send this to the IRS not taking inconsideration if what you sold was at a lose.
?
Shawn Alan
IMCA 1633
eBay Store