[meteorite-list] [Meteorites] http://phys.org/news184402061.html

From: Sterling K. Webb <sterling_k_webb_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2012 18:21:33 -0500

E Man, Pete, List,

> Lonsdalite is the mineral form found in carbonados...

Not a mineralogist, even an amateur one, but the
statement that seems to say that carbonados are
made of lonsdaleite:made my nose tickle, so I went
to the "consensus" source.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbonado
    "Carbonado, commonly known as the "Black
Diamond", is a natural polycrystalline diamond
found in alluvial deposits in the Central African
Republic and Brazil.. .No distinctive high-pressure
minerals, including the hexagonal carbon polymorph,
lonsdaleite, have been found as inclusions in
carbonados, although such inclusions might be
expected if carbonados formed by meteorite impact."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lonsdaleite
    "Lonsdaleite occurs as microscopic crystals associated
with diamond in several meteorites: Canyon Diablo,
Kenna, and Allan Hills 77283. It has also been reported
from the Tunguska impact site. It also naturally occurring
in non-bolide diamond placer deposits in the Sakha
Republic. It has also been found in sediments dated to
12,900 years ago, at Lake Cutizeo, in the state of Guanajuato,
Mexico..."

What am I missing?

Sterling K. Webb