[meteorite-list] Email hacked

From: MexicoDoug <mexicodoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 12:45:13 -0400 (EDT)

Dear list (real message)

Everyone, sorry I haven't had time to post, or even go online lately
due to family health circumstances. Unfortunately, just one month
un-updated and it seems about a thousand people in my address book are
receiving stupid 'h .e.llo' type messages. Thanks to everyone for
alerting me and please DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS in any email from me.
There are no viruses, the only problem is the embarrassing links sent
out to the world by the scammer who got me, which will probably help
him steal your address book too if you click on it without having you
address book protected.

The only places I may have picked up this email scourage as far as I
can guess, is the Wisconsin Humane Society's "Play with a cat remotely"
on the their adopt a cat website, or some checker I ran on my computer
because of the FBI DNS Changer scare a couple days ago.

A thousand apologies, an current in-depth virus check on my computer
with Eset (zero virus result), a complete deleting/cleaning of the
registries with CCleaner's maximum security settings, a run of the
Windows updater to install all elements to date not installed, and
double removal of all cookies and cache is what I did. Any real email
 from me will not have any stupid Re:Greetings sort of subject. I will
put something personal in the subject line.

Sorry, sheesh, what bad timing, over 25 years using internet and let
your guard down a moment and you can get slammed. My best wishes to
all as I've missed corresponding with so many.

Kindest wishes
Doug