[meteorite-list] New post: Probable meteorite fall at Whitmire, SC in February

From: actionshooting at carolina.rr.com <actionshooting_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 16:22:24 -0400

Michael Johnson and I went to hunt it but never found anything due to the thick vegetation. This report almost wants to make me go back.
--
*****************************
Stuart McDaniel
> effort, it allows us to dedicate the time necessary to properly write
> up events like this in the future.
The "slipped through the cracks" phrase might mislead some into thinking
that no prior recognition or analysis of this fall has been done, when
in fact a significant expenditure of manhours and financial resources
have gone into it. If you missed Bob Verish's write-up in Meteorite
Times,
it is well worth reading as it includes a wealth of information that has
been collected and analyzed for this fall: radar data, witness reports
and interviews, Stuart McDaniel's all-sky camera recording,
seismographic
data, upper atmospheric winds, and "boots on the ground" descriptions
and photos of the ground conditions:
<http://www.meteorite-times.com/bobs-findings/the-whitmire-south-carolin
a-bolide-of-february-13th-2012-the-search-for-meteorites-from-this-fireb
all-meteor-still-continues/>
Bob, Nick, myself and no doubt others certainly welcome the addition of
your expertise to the analysis of this event.
Best wishes!  --Rob