[meteorite-list] Fireballs Explode over Russia (Video)

From: Shawn Alan <photophlow_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2012 10:19:48 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Listers,

With all the meteor sightings and you tube videos happening more and more, here is another video to add to the list :). I am not sure what to say about the video, but I have to say its cool to watch. Down below is the introduction to the article and the link to the website with the video, enjoy.

An amazing
video on YouTube shows streaking fireballs bursting through the atmosphere and
striking the ground somewhere in Russia.
The video,
designated as a UFO sighting by the channel owner, includes the rarest of
moments, when an apparent meteor becomes a meteorite by actually striking the
Earth.
Two amazed
Russians, in the right place, at the right time and armed with a good video
camera, stand in awe as the streaking fireballs appear in the morning sky and
plummet through the atmosphere.

http://news.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474981503412

Shawn Alan
IMCA 1633