[meteorite-list] The term "hammer fall"

From: James Masny <sciflyer25_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 01:36:34 -0400

Sorry to continue the torture of the horse.? I have purchased many
different falls and finds from hunters/dealers that contribute to this
fine list.? Not that my opinion as a small collector matters to the
masses, but for me, the term "hammer fall" is irrelevant.? If I want a
rock that hit a particular something, I buy a "hammer stone" of a
fall.? If not, I buy a spacerock that appeals both aesthetically and
scientifically to me..? Arguing over the semantics could continue
indefinitely. Using the term might make the seller feel the stone is
more important and makes it more marketable, but to an educated and
knowledgeable buyer, it doesn't really matter.
Just my two cents
Jim