[meteorite-list] Fox reporting meteor shower grounding planes

From: Chris Peterson <clp_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 21:34:05 -0600

There was a bright daylight fireball over northeast Colorado today (20
June) at about 12:40 PM MDT. I have many reports from Colorado, as well
as Wyoming, Nebraska, and New Mexico. I've talked to a number of news
organizations and tried to give them accurate info... it's not easy. I
didn't talk to Fox.

The fireball was a couple hundred miles from the Springer fire.
Obviously, a meteor isn't any threat to airplanes, but they operate as
they operate.

There appears to be no video, no radar, and no reports of sonics for
this event.

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory