[meteorite-list] AD - Will trade large amber collection for meteorites

From: Michael Gilmer <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2012 15:07:56 -0400

Hi Listees,

Not sure if anyone here would be interested, but I thought it couldn't
hurt to float the offer out there and see what happens.

First, here is a link to my newest specimens. Use coupon code
"metlist" at checkout for 20% off your entire order -
http://www.galactic-stone.com/products/brand-new

Now for the offer -

I have far too much amber in my collection. Not that there is anything
wrong with that, but I would like to refocus my attention on
meteorites. I have a good bit of money tied up in my amber collection,
and I would like to liquidate the majority of my amber so I can
purchase more meteorites.

So, here is what I propose - every piece of amber listed on my website
for $800 or best offer. I will accept cash, meteorites, or a
combination of cash and meteorites. Or, make me a counter-offer
because I'm in a wheeling and dealing mood.

This collection includes over 70 pieces of amber from a variety of
localities around the world. Some of these are extremely rare
(Lebanese, New Jersey, Burmese), some have inclusions, and some are
polished. All pieces are individually packaged, weighed, and labeled -
so these would be ideal for resale, or just to bulk up an existing
collection.

Also, many of these pieces are unsearched - so they may contain
valuable inclusions which will be revealed when they are polished.
There is no way to tell unless one polishes the pieces first and then
searches them carefully with a jeweler's loupe. (something I don't
have the free time to accomplish)

At mid-level market prices, this collection is worth over $2000. I
would like to sell the majority of my amber in one shot and get back
some of my investment quickly and reinvest that money in meteorites.

Here is what is included in this deal :

Baltic Amber (7 pieces)
Bitterfield Amber (7 pieces)
Borneo Amber (8 pieces)
Burmese Amber (4 pieces and 1 multi-piece lot)
Chiapas Amber (8 pieces)
Dominican Amber (9 pieces)
Lebanese Amber (1 piece)
New Jersey Amber (4 pieces and 1 multi-piece lot)
Polish Amber (6 pieces)
Java Amber (1 piece)
Papua New Guinea Amber (1 piece)
Sumatran Amber (1 piece)
Sulawesi Amber (4 pieces)
Ukraine Amber (2 pieces)
Colombian Copal (2 pieces)
Congo Copal (2 pieces)
Kauri Copal (2 pieces)
Madagascar Copal (3 pieces)
A few other misc. pieces in my cabinet (these will be a surprise)

As I said before, every piece is individually weighed, labeled, and
packaged. The asking price includes worldwide USPS Registered and
Insured Priority shipping with full tracking.

Photos are available on my website -
http://www.galactic-stone.com/products/copal-amber

To inquire, contact me via email - meteoritemike at gmail.com

Thanks for looking,