[meteorite-list] I think someone threw a rock at him

From: Mal Bishop <magbish3_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 12:13:23 -0400

I sure envy his camera and a scale with the accuracy he either owns or
has access... if I had a camera with the zoom lens capability his has,
man, oh, man -- and that scale!
He states in his description the specimen has a total weight of 45.6 mg
( 11.7mg and 33.9mg ), or 45.6/1000 of a gram and measures 1.75 inches
long -- this most definitely must be a record for the least dense
material from the outer limits to be a solid that I'm aware of --
lighter than a piece of popcorn and larger too!

...but to be serious, this is so sad, sort of funny, and very scary all
at once. The Internet in general, and eBay in particular has made it so
easy for the unsuspecting to either buy or sell (as we are
all aware here).

I wish those that may mean well and are being sincere (as apposed to
maybe just trying to perpetrate an outright scam) would just do the very
basics of educating themselves just a little before
making such outlandish and silly observations. Where's the meteorite police?

In ( temporary ) resignation -
Mal