[meteorite-list] Rare Meteorite Strikes Roof in Norway

From: Meteorite-Recon.com <info_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 12:29:47 +0100 (CET)

Dear list,

As the owner of the pictured meteorite, I am afraid I have to spoil your
enthusiasm a little. As usual in such cases the editors just took a an
exemplary picture from my website to illustrate their article. The "Nordic
Page" making no exception, did so without asking for prior permission.

The meteorite pictured is NWA 5787, an eucrite which was discovered in
2009. The strange appearance is due to a very high shock level, in fact the
extraordinary shock pressures resulted in the complete melting of the
plagioclase in this sample.

However, I absolutely do share your appreciation for this particular
specimen. If interested pls. see some additional photos here:

http://www.meteorite-recon.com/en/meteorite_basaltic%20achondrite.htm
<http://www.meteorite-recon.com/en/meteorite_basaltic%20achondrite.htm>

Kind regards

Svend