[meteorite-list] Tissint? Yes, it tis! (and a tease on Shergotty)

From: Kevin Kichinka <marsrox_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 17:07:31 -0600

Team Meteorite....

Tissint? Yes, it tis! Certainly tis about Tissint!

While hunting around for data for my next contribution to 'Meteorite
magazine', I came across this video of our newest brother from Mars.

Narrated by Caroline Smith, the 'Keeper of the Meteorites' at the
British Museum, it's worth a look, as is the surrounding website.

http://www.nhm.ac.uk/nature-online/space/meteorites-dust/meteorites-from-moon-mars/index.html

And if there's anyone on this list not yet subscribing to the journal
'Meteorite'..... well, what are you waiting for?

Appearing in the May issue, my next feature in two parts is entitled,
"The Rise of the Raj and the Fall of Shergotty". I am the luckiest guy
around today because mood-setting illustrations to accompany my
articles will be drawn by our beloved Dorothy Norton.

"The Rise of the Raj and the Fall of Shergotty" is my final work on
the SNC Mars meteorites, having covered Chassigny and Nakhla for
Meteorite in the past starting in 1998 . If you found those features
provocative, intriguing and educational, with these next articles
covering the FIRST EVER complete description of the circumstances of
the 1865 fall of Shergotty I will be telling a story for the ages you
will not want to miss... I promise.

The Nakhla Dog will soon have company among the legends of meteorites.

Subscribe here: http://www.meteoritemag.org/

Earning my MARSROX...

Kevin Kichinka
Santa Ana, Costa Rica