[meteorite-list] Auction Kings ( PROVENANCE COA's )

From: John higgins <geohiggins_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 14:33:09 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Mike,

I consider that little piece of paper you put inside the micros a valid provenance and COA.
It's your design and has your name on it. Regardless of how small or cheap others perceive it to be, it's unique and it's the only provenance that comes from you. That in and of itself makes it special, and something worth being proud of. It adds a cultural and historic attribute to every meteorite you sell.

You don't have to explain yourself, I consider you a friend, I like you and the meteorites you provide, I like your comments to the list, you and solely you, add a dimension to the meteorite world where there would otherwise be a empty space. When I see your post I don't always respond but I always take pleasure in reading what you have to say. People don't have to agree with you, who cares if they agree or not, you take pride in what you do and you make a incredible effort making great contributions to the meteorite community on a daily basis.

And let me be the first to Thank you for being who you are, telling it like it is, and shooting from the hip, telling people how you feel,In my book that puts you near the top of the list. Not too many people put themselves out there like you do. Even though your not big on contributing great volumes of new meteorites, you more than make up for it in contributions you make elsewhere.

Sincerely,
John Higgins

PS. I still am in support of standardization of provenance.