[meteorite-list] Auction Kings meteorite - $2000 Sikhote Alin

From: Richard Montgomery <rickmont_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 17:48:20 -0700

Yeah, I initially had the same reaction as Count...maybe not a good idea to
switch the paradigm from in-the-know-competitive-market-driven-values to a
free-for-all-mystique-value which eventually would upset at least some of
the participants when the competitive-market-driven-values are discovered.

Yet, who knows...value is where one finds it. As our passion now enjoys
front-stage TV recognition, I'd be wrong to assert that mystique-value, (and
throw in celebrity-value, howdy Geoff and Steve!) isn't now a new element;
simply check ebay to see how celebrity status carries the day (something I
applaud.) I doubt that rare metoeriteswill ever even enter into this arena:
imagine if the consigned piece was a 1 gram 100% crusted Tissint...we'd hear
the silence in the room....and wish we'd been there to offer $600 for the
"tiny little thing."

Hmmm...this is an interesting thread.....

Richard Montgomery