[meteorite-list] Prospects for the Future

From: Al Leone <alphoto_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2012 10:05:11 +0400

I'm sorry for my bad English.
Let's talk about the future prospects of meteoritics. And even more
precisely what the future holds themselves meteorites found until they
found, and which will fall to Earth in the future.
 Technology marched forward with astonishing speed. Heard somewhere that
if the mechanic has evolved as cybernetics, our cars would long ago have
moved at light speed. What technologies can help us find the meteorites?
We omit here a visual way to search the surface. Of all the species have
only subsurface sounding metal detectors, GPR, and magnetometers. The
principle of operation which is based on a,, comparing,, and properties
of soil without metal inclusions, and with them. The actual process is
quite time-consuming search and does not guarantee positive results in
the near future. What technology can continue to help us? There is still
a little dream. Let's start with the chondrites. Everyone knows about
the iron-nickel inclusions contained in them. Thanks to them, rare finds
have been made with metal detectors. Requires device that allows, to
see, on the monitor concentrations of nickel or iron-nickel alloy. That
is, He must not only scan the ground, but also to do its analysis. And
the higher the sensitivity, the faster will be found all chondrites. By
the way, iron and iron-stone, he finds much earlier.
 But what about the achondrites? Here is more complicated. Pure metallic
inclusions almost none of them are not, and if there is only a very
small fraction. How can I allocate achondrites from the soil surrounding
them, and how they differ from our ordinary stones? There are two
significant differences. Both are very time-consuming to identify and
require painstaking laboratory research. First - unlike in a different
mineral content. That is, many minerals contained in them are from, and
our, and stones. But the percentage of them still different. Maybe the
scanner mentioned above, and further refined, can scan the ground and
compare it with the mineral balance loads the templates of all
meteorites found. While these technologies are not invented. Or I do not
have the data. The second difference - age. All found a rather ancient
meteorites, some 4.5 billion years age. From the most, ,,young,,
planetary meteorites are formed and ejected from the surface of the
powerful impact events. Their age from 200 million years. Of course we
have our terrestrial rocks formed a billion years ago or more. But it is
also rare. Most terrestrial species under an order of magnitude because
of the intense metamorphism occurring on our planet so far. What
technology will be able to scan the ground and give a color map age
stones contained in it? Again, no data. Maybe it will go as an option to
the above instrument.
 Come on. The day will come when the Earth will be found the last
meteorite. Their number is not yet known, but it is strictly limited.
And they will be found, not because of their scientific value, but
because of the commercial. What is really the soul of the curve. After
all, say the scientific value of meteorites, for example, in the 30s of
last century was no less valuable than it is today. And who was looking
specifically? Units. Only the commercial value of the wave lifted miners
of all kinds. And it will help in the search for the future. But things
must come to us last fall and a meteorite. And it will not be billions
of years, but much earlier. I think the future of our planet's defense
system will not let us even a speck of dust. That's when the price
rises, even a ordinary chondrite to the skies. Indeed, new discoveries
will not be. Well, no, of course meteorites are found on other planets,
but their value will never be close to the meteorites found on Earth.
 I see in them not only scientific value and a means to satisfy the whim
of the collector. It's not a bad legacy we can leave to our descendants.
At the first opportunity I am going to find them. And if I could in the
future to buy meteorites found by others, be sure to buy it.
 Who is my assumptions seem weird or stupid. Who they are helpful. Maybe
I'm in something right, maybe not. Talk to your version as you can see
the future, let's discuss.

--
Yours faithfully.
Al Leone.