[meteorite-list] Sutter's Mill Meteorite Hunt

From: wahlperry at aol.com <wahlperry_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2012 00:16:05 -0400 (EDT)

Hi List,

I just got in tonight from a week long hunt at Sutter's Mill. I would
like to thank Marc Fries and Rob Matson for their tireless efforts
coordinating all the data. These two folks made it all possible.
Thanks, you guys rock! It was great to see everyone out in the field
working together to recover pieces of this rare fall. It was a pleasure
to see such comradery amongst all of the teams. I hope to have the
pictures up on my web site over the next few days. You will be
surprised at some of the shots. It was a blast. I will include a
picture of my spectacular 8.3 gram fully fusion crusted oriented
complete stone. The fusion crust just glistens in the sun. I wish the
best of luck to the hunters still out in the field. Who knows, maybe I
can try and get back out next week. It amazes me how popular this
carbonaceous chondrite is . Who would think that this suspected CM
chondrite is selling in the field for three times the price of a
witnessed martian meteorite fall.

Thanks,
Sonny

www.nevadameteorites.com