[meteorite-list] Robert Ward's Finds - Confusion on my Part

From: Michael Gilmer <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2012 20:42:56 -0400

Hi Anne and List,

There is still some confusion about Robert Ward's finds apparently. I
keep hearing the total of 10g from several sources. But I also heard
from someone in private communication, who is a friend and partner of
Ward's, that he found a total of 6g, comprising the broken stone
(5.5g) and a new find of an oriented small stone weighing .5g, for a
grand total of 6g. For now, I am using what I heard from his
associate and what is on Dr. Jenniskens' webpage (which only lists
5.55g)

I guess this is a prime example of the conflicting information that is
inherent with these new falls during the first days and weeks of
hunting. In the end, I am confident the correct total will come out.
I don't have Robert's email address, so I have not contacted him
directly yet.

FWIW, the TKW of known/reported finds so far is now 233.42g

Of course, there are surely more finds not reported yet, and some of
my data may be incorrect. (Mr. Ward's find for example)

Exciting times these are. This is America's Murchison and Tagish Lake
rolled into one. :)

Best regards,

MikeG

--