[meteorite-list] Sutter's Mill Hammer -LAST Pieces

From: Greg Hupe <gmhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 12 May 2012 18:24:55 -0700

Dear List Members,

We are offering the last of the Sutter's Mill carbonaceous chondrite house smasher hammer stone.

Due to overwhelming demand for pieces of this historic hammer stone featured on BBC worldwide, we decided to even break up our own collection pieces (we each have a complete stone, not just the hammer stone). We feel that to provide the collecting community small pieces of this extremely rare meteorite is best served by breaking only the hammer stone up into affordable pieces.

With less than 400 grams total known weight after 3 full weeks of intensive ground and air searches, the likelihood of much more material being found is decreasing by the day.

We have only the following pieces left after breaking up the last two larger specimens (Only 1.6856g). We had to spend more than $60,000 purchasing less than two ounces of this meteorite, so please put the pricing into perspective. This is from the one and only hammer stone which you can see on BBC and say. "I own a piece of that stone"... The provenance is impeccable, the story thrilling, and the proof undeniable.

Once these are sold there is not another speck of the hammer stone to be provided.

0.0046 no crust $20.00
0.0062 no crust $20.00
0.0062 no crust $20.00
0.0162 25% crust $33.00
0.0240 30% crust $48.00 (on hold)
0.0278 15% crust $56.00 (on hold)
0.0302 no crust $61.00
0.0376 20% crust $75.00
0.0558 no crust $112.00
0.0670 no crust $134.00
0.0672 no crust $135.00
0.0710 no crust $142.00
0.0888 no crust $178.00
0.0898 no crust $180.00
0.0942 no crust $189.00
0.0988 no crust $198.00
0.1000 no crust $200.00
0.1292 no crust $259.00
0.1900 no crust $380.00
0.2004 30% crust $400.00
0.0882 fragments & dust $200.00
0.1924 fragments & dust $436.00

If interested, please contact us your requests. These will be on a first come, first served basis. Thank you for your interest, much appreciated!!

Best Regards,
Greg Hupe
Michael Farmer