[meteorite-list] AIRSHIP VIDEO - search for Sutter's Mill

From: Sterling K. Webb <sterling_k_webb_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 12 May 2012 20:40:01 -0500

Dan, List,

That "scope" is the AVS Cineflex HD Video system
used for aerial shots of sporting events and the like.
I don't know it's ultimate resolving power, but if you
can see the football clearly in an aerial shot, presumably
you could see a large meteorite, or an impact pit in
this search.

Here's an AVS video demonstrating the camera system
from a fixed wing aircraft, with a 36x1 lens and 2x extender:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIwFEuquEHk

It seems a long shot to me. The evidence is that this
meteorite is too friable to have left a chunk the size of a
football on the ground. Maybe a softball? But it's very
difficult to search at that small scale such a vast srea
in flights that are only five hours long.

Great joyride, though.

Sterling K. Webb