[meteorite-list] Preserving pallasite piece on display

From: André Moutinho <moutinho_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 10:26:50 -0300

Hello all,

I have recently visited a Brazilian museum and notice a 1kg endcut of Quijingue meteorite with some rust..I suggested the curator to try clean and preserve the piece with some kind of sealer. I have experience keeping small slices of iron and pallasites with silica in a container but it cannot be used on a museum display. Does anyone have any suggestion on how to restore and preserve a pallasite museum piece that must be on display ?

Best,
Andre