[meteorite-list] Speaking of Moon Rocks..

From: chris handler <cmhandler_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2012 10:00:29 +0930

In Australia, the laws very from state to state. Unfortunately in both
Western Australia and my state, South Australia, the state museums
have automatic guardianship over any meteorite found within the state
boarders. In South Australia, a finder has to be rewarded if they
request a reward, but there is no stipulation that the reward needs to
match what was found, so hypothetically, they could give you a $10
supermarket voucher for a 5kg Lunar. As you can see, privet meteorite
hunting is all but dead in these two states.

Kind regards,
                   Chris Handler