[meteorite-list] Murchison Help

From: meteorhntr at aol.com <meteorhntr_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2012 02:13:10 +0000

List,

So, there is a Sutter's Mill paper being written, lots of them actually. But I and one of my slices are helping out with one in particular and it might actually end up in some fun places other than the abstract as well.

Anyway, we need to get a slice of Murchison cut (but not polished) and photographed to go next to the photo of the Sutter's Mill slice the researchers are using.

Would anyone have around a 3 gram Murchison that could be cut in half and photographed for the project? I would think the added exposure that specific specimen would get for appearing in the paper would make up for the saw losses, and you could feel good about helping science out! :-)

Or does someone have a Murchison about that size, in the US, that I could buy for the project?

Please email me off list if you might be able to help.

Steve Arnold
Host of Meteorite Men