[meteorite-list] meteorites and TAXES

From: Mark Bowling <minador_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2012 23:08:39 -0700 (PDT)

Hi everyone,
I'd be interested in learning what a tax accountant says about the question.
?
I think the numbers mentioned below might be accidentally mixed up.? According to CBO numbers for 2010, Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid are the items that add?up to 42% of spending.? The military is 20%.? And if you don't base it against spending and compare to actual tax revenues received, military spending is 30.4% of?taxpayer dollars?(and?SS & the other two?use 64.9% of taxes paid).
?
If anybody does learn if newly found meteorites (or?gold nuggets/old coins)?mean?taxes owed, please let us know.
?
Increased taxes never seem fair if your income is fixed or your salary drops...? but as Michaels said, I'd rather have my taxes go up if it means I had a bit of luck in the field.
?
Hoping that we all have plentiful windfalls this hunting season....,
Mark