[meteorite-list] Greg's new NWA 7319 L5 melt

From: Bob King <nightsky55_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2012 13:15:44 -0500

Hi everyone,
I still like patty melts on dark bread when I go to a restaurant
although I'm sure they're bad for my heart. Well, the small slice of
NWA 7319 L5 "melt" I got in the mail the other day from Greg Hupe's
recent sale was even tastier. The prep and mirror polish (and
smoothed-out backside) highlight tons of tiny bubbles (holes) as well
as elongated droplets and minute rivulets of melted metal. You can
practically hear the thing pop and sizzle under the stereoscope.The
photo only begins to capture the textures seen in the hand sample. An
amazing meteorite. Judging from Mendy's recent post, it sounds like
we're both crazy for melted meteorites as I also picked up a small
slice of Blaine's NWA 7033 H-melt. We are fortunate indeed to still
see such wonderful material coming out of the deserts of Africa.
Bob