[meteorite-list] Water cutting question

From: Don Merchant <dmerchan_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2012 12:52:07 -0500

Great Info Adam!
Sincerely
Don Merchant
----- Original Message -----
From: "Adam Hupe" <raremeteorites at yahoo.com>
To: "Adam" <meteorite-list at meteoritecentral.com>
Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2012 11:53 AM
Subject: Re: [meteorite-list] Water cutting question

I remeasured the PH and TDS levels of my incoming tap water and again after
being filtered.

Before filtering After Charcoal and RO Filtering

TDS: 515 PPM 31 PPM
PH: 7.7 7.1

It looks like 7 stage RO filtering made the water move towards PH neutral
from being on the basic side. A reading of 7 would be considered perfect
neutral so I am happy with a PH reading of 7.1. I would rather have it lean
towards basic than acidic which is the case here. On the other hand, the TDS
level of the incoming tap water exceeds EPA standards! I wouldn't dare drink
the tap water here. Might end up with a case of kidney stones!

I don't think meteorites would be happy with the tap water here. I will do
chemical testing in a few weeks. I hope there is no chloramine in our system
as is the case in California.

Kind Regards,

Adam