[meteorite-list] New BLM regs: Tempest in a teacup?

From: Galactic Stone & Ironworks <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2012 15:54:41 -0400

Chris, haven't you heard the news? All BLM field offices now have
electron microprobes and planetary geologists to examine finds......

As one friend of mine recently told me off-list - enforcement of these
regulations will be next to impossible. In theory, nothing will
change because nobody in the BLM is qualified to determine what is a
meteorite and what is not. (unless it's a new fall, and even then,
it's just a rock until it's formally analyzed).

--
Web - http://www.galactic-stone.com
Twitter - http://twitter.com/GalacticStone