[meteorite-list] Problems posting to the list

From: Martin Goff <msgmeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2012 09:14:46 +0100

Hi Art, list,

Firstly, thankyou for the many emails i received concerning this
issue. I am not sure why but the missing posts i was referring to in
my previous post obviously did make it out to list members (so i
sincerely apologise for the duplicate posts!) However, i subscribe to
the daily summary and dont receive individual emails. I tend to look
at most posts using the list archive which i have constantly open on
my laptop, phone etc. I then refresh that page to view recent posts.
When posting myself, i find that within a minute my posts appear in
the archive which i check to see if they have actually posted.

My question is this - Why do my initial posts that i refer to still
not appear in the archive? They were obviously received by list
members so why dont they appear in the archives? Both my test posts
arrived in the archive within 30 seconds. It makes me wonder if i have
missed out on many posts in the past by looking at the archive rather
than individual emails.

Art, any ideas as to why this would happen? All posts were in plain
text and the only difference between my test post and my original post
is it contained a couple of paragraphs of text and a link to my
website. I cant fathom why this would mean it should be screened out.

If the archives for whatever reason dont show all posts then over the
years i will have maybe missed important posts. Any help explaining
this much appreciated.

Cheers

Martin