[meteorite-list] AD - NWA 6675 new aubrite with dual lithologies (Official on the bulletin)

From: Fabien Kuntz <wwmeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2012 15:47:41 +0100 (BST)

Hello,

just before a 4 days meteorite hunting exhibition in Besan?on Observatory for schools and general public, then 11 days of desert for a real hunt this time, I have prepared few slices of a new, nice, official aubrite : NWA 6675

I have been surprised cutting this weathered achondrite, to find a pretty matrix (sometimes with surviving metal flakes, was not expecting that), with two distinct lithilogies, a fine grained, and a coarse grained one. Or like in the Bulletin :

Take a look :

http://www.wwmeteorites.com/Ventes/NWA6675.html

Fabien

Fabien Kuntz
M?t?orites (ventes, expertise, conf?rences)
Animation scientifique et technique
WWMETEORITES (Siret : 511 850 612 00017)
www.wwmeteorites.com?