[meteorite-list] Lawyer Doug Schmitt about to speak at TEDx Vancouver on Oct 21

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2012 14:15:25 -0700 (PDT)

I recognized the name Douglas Schmitt in the infamous UNESCO document.
Didn't he author one of the most controversial papers there is in
regards to making the connection of meteorites with cultural property.

Here is a link to his nasty handiwork if I am not mistaken.

http://adsabs.harvard.edu/full/2002M%26PSB..37....5S

You can trace almost every problem with the BLM and laws restricting the
collecting of meteorites to this paper? The late Richard Norton saw the
writing on the wall and tried to warn everybody over a decade ago.? Too
bad some didn't listen and over-commercialized meteorites in the poplar
media and on television.? Now, we all have to pay the price.

?Perhaps some well directed letters to Doug Schmitt thanking him for ruining a wholesome avocation are in order. ??

Adam