[meteorite-list] Novato (N1) found -- why the Orioniddescription?

From: michael cottingham <mikewren_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2012 19:09:19 -0600

Hello,

That was not a statement from Jenniskens. That was already in the press stories, days earlier that this fall was from the shower. They are wrong, but it is now part of the legend. The stories say scientist said this, but I doubt any real scientist in the know would say this. Some writer got it wrong again.

Michael Cottingham