[meteorite-list] Intergalactic False Alarm: Novato Meteorite is Just a Rock

From: Galactic Stone & Ironworks <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 10:45:11 -0400

Well, the first four letters of Novato are Nova, which is the Met Bull
designation for meteorites of uncertain origin. ;)

It's also Spanish for "No Go", literally.

So is Novato the real deal, or is it a bust? Outside of the initial
hammer-wrong and Brien's report, we aren't hearing reports from anyone
else. Has anyone else found a specimen or confirmed Brien's stone?

Best regards and happy huntings,

MikeG

--
Web - http://www.galactic-stone.com