[meteorite-list] Guess the Type Contest - Katol, what is it?

From: Galactic Stone & Ironworks <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2012 10:19:54 -0400

Hi Folks,

All the recent buzz about Battle Mountain and Novato has dominated the
chatter. But one the strangest meteorites to fall in recent memory
(Katol) is still languishing in the classification queue (or in GSI's
outbox). While we are waiting on for the official classification to
be announced, let's engage in some wanton speculation.

I am offering a free Katol micromount to the first person to correctly
predict what the type of this weird meteorite. Simply reply here and
register your guess. Once the classification is published, I will
award a free Katol micro to winner. :)

"Igneous ungrouped achondrite" is the current unofficial consensus,
but this is a really weird meteorite with some reports of
vastly-different lithologies from specimen to specimen. Also, there
is some discussion that this could be a planetary meteorite. Or, will
it turn out to be an entirely new type? Register your guess and win a
free micro and the loving respect of your peers!

Best regards and happy huntings,

MikeG

--
Web - http://www.galactic-stone.com