[meteorite-list] Fake Buddha Statue

From: Jeff Kuyken <info_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 20:01:50 +1100

Hey Steve, all,

Steve, you actually reminded me of something I thought of when I first saw the statue story which I'm curious about. I have a small N'Goureyma slice that was cut many years ago that has not "rusted" as such but displays an obviously oxidised surface similar to the statue. Second pic on this page: http://www.meteorites.com.au/features/n'goureyma.html

Has anyone else got examples of old cut irons that have not "rusted" but oxidised in different ways?

Cheers,

Jeff