[meteorite-list] 'Meteorite day' at the Manchester Museum

From: karmaka <karmaka-meteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 23:41:47 +0100

Well done, you three!

Look at the open mouths and big eyes of the kids !!!

That's what it's all about!

Thanks for sharing!

Cheers,

Martin

Von: Martin Goff <msgmeteorites at gmail.com>
 An: meteorite-list at meteoritecentral.com
 Betreff: [meteorite-list] 'Meteorite day' at the Manchester Museum
 Datum: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 22:40:35 +0100

Hi all,

 Myself, Graham Ensor and Luther Jackson have just returned from having
 a BIMS display at 'Meteorite day' at the Manchester Museum. We had an
 excellent time and were kept very busy all day. 'Meteorite day' was
 part of Manchester science week and took place during half term so
 there was a constant stream of eager children passing by our display.
 There was also a team from Manchester University with plenty of
 meteorite thin sections to look at and they were also conducting
 impact experiments and had a go at producing a live comet display.
 Great fun was had by everyone though we all now have very sore throats
 from non stop talking all day. We also ran a 'guess the meteorite'
 competition to win some meteorites which proved very popular :-)

 I will prepare a write up of our day as and when time allows but in
 the meantime i have uploaded some photos which can be seen at the link
 below:

 (http://msg-meteorites.co.uk/meteorite-adventures/bims-stand-at-meteorite-day-at-the-manchester-museum/bims-stand-at-meteorite-day-at-the-manchester-museum-photos)

 Please take a look if interested.

 Cheers