[meteorite-list] The ultimate Type Collection List

From: Mendy Ouzillou <ouzillou_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2012 09:10:42 -0700

Hello everyone,

One more email to keep everyone busy.

I'd like to put together the ultimate Type Collection list and am quite sure
someone has already started one. I'd like to use this for myself as well as
post it on my website for everyone to enjoy.

Here is what I am looking for:
1) A complete list of meteorite types. For example, from shergottite there
are Basaltic, Lherzolitic and Olivine-phyric. Maybe there are some unusual
variations or anomalous versions of these as well.
2) Specific meteorite(s) that best represent that category. These examples
should be obtainable (i.e. no Antarctic specimens that fall under treaty
restrictions) even if incredibly hard to find. If you have some of these
specimens for sale, I would be happy to provide a link to the specific page
on your website.

Whatever you have, I will be happy to receive. I will merge, edit and
format and then share with everyone.

Best,

Mendy