[meteorite-list] Psuedocraters never die

From: E.P. Grondine <epgrondine_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2012 10:39:06 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Paul -

No question Laura Knight is more than a little nuts. When you work in impact, you end up with nuts of various stripes going after you/ latching onto your work, often coming in from entirely different directions.

I read a piece the other day where David Morrison spends a half an hour everyday dealing with the nuts and especially their young victims. From my point of view, after his earlier support for Mueller's "Nemesis" Hyothesis, it serves Morrison right. Especially after I graciously offered him the best tool I coud put together to deal with them, and he refused to use it.

That said, the rock hounds reported a turned back rim at this feature, and are not connected with the nuts except that the nuts made use of their work, so the feature bears at least taking a ground look before immediately lumping it with other circular features in the area, IMO.

Ed