[meteorite-list] Peekskill Meteorite Cast Kits

From: Derek Yoost <mineral_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 11:41:38 -0400

We are proud to announce:

Peekskill Meteorite Cast Kit

Celebrate the 20th anniversary of the Peekskill Meteorites arrival to Earth
with this Limited Edition cast! Your collector's kit includes:

 1) Meteorite cast finished by hand to mirror the original meteorite
rendered in meticulous detail.

 2) A full color numbered edition Certificate.

 3) Standing, aluminum classification label.

 4) If you want a specimen of the Peekskill meteorite, we can include that
for $250 per gram.

 List of the Peekskill meteorite specimens available:

(This piece has Fusion Crust) 1.14g

1.13g

1.11g

1.05g

.98g

.85g

.84g

.81g

.36g

.34g

On the night of October 9, 1992 at 7:50 PM a 27 pound stone ploughed through
the trunk of Michele Knapp's 1980 Chevy Malibu that was parked in her
driveway while the family watched TV. Hearing a horrendous noise just
outside of their home, the Knapp family ran to the door to discover the
damage to their car. It wasn't until the next day that they found the
cosmic traveler partially buried in a shallow crater in the driveway under
the car.

So begins the legend of Peekskill Meteorite. To commemorate this historic,
celestial event, the Peekskill stone has been newly re-cast and rendered by
hand
to match the original in meticulous detail. Now you too can celebrate this
meteoric event by making this cast part of your collection.

The Peekskill Meteorite cast is first cast in high quality HYDRO-STONE?, one
of the hardest and strongest of all gypsum cements. This makes it more
durable than other plaster castings. The weight of the cast is 11 pounds,
about half of the original weight of the actual meteorite. It is then color
matched with superior-grade paints, rendering the exterior of the meteorite,
the Chevy Cinnabar Red, and the chrome of the cars bumper as it scraped by.

This Limited Edition Collectors Kit has been produced with attention to
detail and the quality that Collectors have come to expect. We are meteorite
collectors for collectors. This will make a great addition to your
collection for years to come.

Here is a link to the Ebay auction:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330796129266&ssPageName=ADME:L:LCA:US:1123

You can email me off list if you are interested. Thanks, Derek Yoost /
Anthony Tomaselli