[meteorite-list] Large UK fireball!

From: Alexander Seidel <gsac_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2012 10:43:11 +0200

Congrats, Martin, for being in the right place at the right time! Must have been a gorgeous sighting, just like winning the lottery. As Rob already pointed out, seeing this going west it unlikely will or could have been a decaying satellite, as almost all of those are heading eastwards somehow, along with earth rotation direction, so what you saw was a spectacular fireball most likely originating from "the real stuff" ....

Did it drop something to Earth somewhere, and where is that "somewhere"? :-)

Alex
Berlin/Germany

-------- Original-Nachricht --------