[meteorite-list] Large UK/Holland/ fireball! and US/Canada maps updates

From: drtanuki <drtanuki_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2012 03:50:49 -0700 (PDT)

Martin and All,

There are over 500 reports to sift through and I expect that there will be another 400-500 once the weekend gets in full swing. I have posted v.3 of the sightings map. There are at least 3-4 witnesses from Holland, 1 from the Sea East of the UK and a maybe in Sweden(I did not check the time zone).

  This was in my opinion an asteroid that made its way over and meteorites survived but that will take some skill to locate... :)

  I will continue to work on the map and then IF time work on the trajectory. There is one good video that I saw with a building that can be ID`d. Certainly there will be scores of videos with all of the bloody cameras in the UK!

Glad that you got to witness such a wonderful event...now go get the rocks!

http://lunarmeteoritehunters.blogspot.jp/

PS: The US/Canadian event of 21SEP2012 is also keeping me busy! Rocks anyone?

Best Regards, Dirk Ross...Tokyo

PS: Since I am unable to post to the Meteorobs site this email is addressed bcc to several members; maybe they can get the word out about these events?