[meteorite-list] New BLM Rules

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2012 17:13:12 -0700 (PDT)

I agree fully with Guido.

No permits will ever be issued.? It is a simple way to get around making direct laws which would violate rights.? You will then be breaking the law if you do not get a permit which will never be available.? The government has used this trick several times.? It is a simple way to get around your constitutional rights.

Sure you can operate that gold dredge in the creek but you first must obtain a license for $50,000.00 or some other ridiculous amount.? No problem at all sport, let us get in contact with our buddies at the Smithsonian and see if you are worthy of such a permit.? Then you will never be contacted. It looks like the Smithsonian thinks they will be the winner in all of this since they will try to pry away the first 10.1 pound North American Lunar ever found.? I meant to say any sized lunar because by sending in a type specimen, you would be breaking the barter clause or "you deliberately found it" in the new stupid rules created by idiots.?

It is basically all over.? The first person caught breaking these new rules will be the person that gives them the excuse to shut down meteorites hunting all together. They are counting on this.

Take Care,

Adam