[meteorite-list] Meteorite origin questions

From: J Sinclair <john_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2012 06:46:30 -0400

Hi List,
I?m working on a project and I have some questions about the origins
of meteorites. I hope some of you can help me.

Years ago I read the book ?Meteorites and their Parent Planets? by
Harry McSween and saw him give a great presentation at Appalachian
State University in NC but I don?t remember the connections that he
wrote about.

I?m familiar with the Howardite, Eucrite and Diogenite connection with
the asteroid Vesta
and the Shergottite, Nakhlite, and Chassigny connection with Mars.

I?ve also heard about a possible connection with meteorites and Mercury??

Do we know specifics about where the other meteorites may come from or
do we just say ?the asteroid belt??
What about the?
Carbonaceous chondrites
H chondrites
L chondrites
Irons
Pallasites
Mesosiderites
and others

Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Thank You!
John Sinclair