[meteorite-list] Meteorite origin questions

From: Benjamin P. Sun <bpsun2009_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2012 08:44:33 -0400

Hello John,

Thank you for your email. I apologize if my posting seemed rude. I was
merely defending myself with that disclaimer at the end, as it has
been my experience on the met-list that discussing PB's(parent bodies)
is often a contentious subject with some people. My post disclaimer
was not intentionally directed towards you.

I would also like to add, that many believe that certain carbonaceous
chondrites originated from cometary debris or the remains of
"burnt-out" old comets, where the icy outer layer has erroded away
through exposure and only the rocky core is all thats left.

Almahatta Sitta is one of my favorite meteorite additions to my
collection. Even though I specialize in collecting planetary
meteorites(Lunar & Martians, with a few irons thrown in), I made room
for that one, as it is the asteroid 2008 TC3 itself that fell to
earth.

Regards,
-Ben