[meteorite-list] Valley Fever (coccidioidomycosis) (Includes Online Map)

From: lebofsky at lpl.arizona.edu <lebofsky_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2012 21:52:24 -0700

I was part of a test for a vaccine about 25 years ago (did not work). It
is interesting that, if you live here or in the Mohave area and have a
cough and fever, they will immediately test of Valley Fever (a skin test).
However, a friend of mine, who lived in the LA area, had the symptoms and
ended up in the hospital and nearly died before they realized he had been
hiking in the San Jacquin Valley and had come down with Valley Fever.

And, yes, it is also caught by dogs and very serious (not sure about cats).

Larry