[meteorite-list] Meteorites on Pinterest

From: Galactic Stone & Ironworks <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2012 17:44:21 -0400

Hi Gang,

As some of you know, I am very big on social networking sites.
Frankly, at one time, I hated Twitter and Facebook and didn't
understand why so many people liked these sites. Eventually, I did
sign up for Twitter and Facebook, and after several months of daily
work (in the beginning), I now have over 5000 friends/followers
between Facebook and Twitter. I have advised numerous other dealers
to jump on the bandwagon and take advantage of these free
marketplaces. Yes, they are also marketplaces where you can
buy-sell-trade material without paying a fee. Any business-person
(meteorites or otherwise) cannot afford to ignore these social
networking sites as a venue to conduct business.

This has paid off for me (and many others as well) in the form of many
sales and making new connections with people around the world - some
of them are now sources for material.

Well, at any rate, enough rambling about the business virtues of
social networking. What I really want to say is this - get a
Pinterest account, especially if you are a dealer. Pinterest is the
next big thing (some argue that it already is), and millions of people
are using it - and many of them are conducting business there. In
fact, Pinterest encourages this to some degree by allowing you to
easily back-link to your store or eBay listings, and you can embed
pricing with each thing you "pin" onto your profile. (Just type a "$"
in the description and the numbers following it will be displayed as a
price on the image) - also, they put priced items into a shopping
search broken down into price groups. All free with no fees.

Don't ignore Pinterest, or the rest of us will be sorely pressed not
to say "I told you so" when you finally break down and sign up for an
account after missing out for too long. Right now, there are only a
small handful of meteorite dealers on Pinterest and most of them are
not very active, so the level of competition is very low right now.
This will surely change as time goes by and Pinterest continues to
grow.

Also, I almost forgot, you can link your Twitter and Facebook accounts
to Pinterest, to create a 3-pronged sales attack that will
automatically feed updates to the other sites. :)

If you already have a Pinterest account, or if you sign up for one,
please "follow" me and I will return the favor and follow you back.
(On Facebook it's "friends", on Pinterest it is "followers" like
Twitter).

Here is my link, stop by and check it out - http://pinterest.com/galacticstone/

It's a very "pinteresting" place to be..... ;)

Best regards,

MikeG

--
Web - http://www.galactic-stone.com