[meteorite-list] OT: Help deeded to find specific 8" lapidary wheel

From: mmartin at meteoritetreasures.com <mmartin_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 07 Apr 2013 14:26:28 -0500

Aloha Folks,

Our local rock club is looking to find a replacement wheel for one of
our machines, however the task of finding the same wheel is proving to
be rather difficult.

The wheel we are looking for is an 8" metal wheel. The inside of the
ring is stamped "Dima Ring 325". Online searches have yielded
nothing. It is a metal band that reminds me of some other diamond
impregnated metal wheels, however this wheel is perfectly smooth to
the touch (I'm assuming 325 is the grit, however am not positive), but
grinds material away at a fast pace. Like other lapidary wheels, it
slides on to the rubber expanding wheel.

Anyone out there able to assist in a lead to find a replacement?

Thanks,

Matthew