[meteorite-list] Chelyabinsk Sales-- Today versus Yesterday!

From: Shawn Alan <photophlow_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2013 18:58:50 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Don and Listers

Thats a good question about price and amount on the market. When the fall first happened the meteorites were going for alot, and now its seems its about 30 bucks a gram.
But what I also see that dictates price is province. If you got sample from the Smithsonian or other big name institutions, those piece will go for a higher price. Right now, there is about 240 listings on ebay for the Chelyabinsk meteorite http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=chelyabinsk+meteorite&LH_PrefLoc=2&_sop=1
Most if not all are still look fresh as?the day they fell. But wait,?when the snow melts and people find the weathered and rust ones, those will go for a lot less and will look gross on the outside and maybe on the inside. But I would have to say, the price will keep dropping, till there is no more and then it will go up some what, and if there is a discovery found within the meteorite, prices might go back up even more. But all I can say is, get some fresh stuff before it all gone and all your left with is the weathered meteorites, which will still be nice, but wont have the aure and beauty of what they looked like the?day they feel. Also I have to? say the Chelyabinsk meteorite fall is the most celebrated and reported meteorite fall?of all times and I have to have a piece in my collection :)

Shawn Alan
IMCA 1633
ebay store
http://www.ebay.com/sch/imca1633ny/m.html